Celebrate Autumn During Fall Fest at Woodlands Nature Station November 5
November 1, 2016 | Press Release from Land Between The Lakes
Woodlands Nature Station hosts Fall Fest Saturday, November 5, from 10am-4pm. Nature Station admission is $5 ages 13 and up, $3 ages 5-12, free for ages 4 and under. Fall Fest features a variety of forest-themed programs including hayrides, live music, tree-themed crafts, a seasonal hike, and appearances by Smokey Bear.
“Bring the whole family, enjoy the fall season, and participate in a variety of family-friendly outdoor programs and activities,” says Aviva Yasgur, Naturalist at Woodlands Nature Station.
Hayrides are 40-minutes long, $2 per person, and leave regularly throughout the day. On these staff-led rides, participants will enjoy fun nature activities and great wildlife-viewing opportunities as they try to solve fall nature mysteries.
Fall Fest activities include:
- Throughout the day - Scheduled visits with Smokey Bear
- Ongoing 10am-4pm - Fall Mystery Hayrides
- Ongoing 10am-4pm - Fall Nature Crafts (paper-making, natural dyeing, print making)
- 11-11:45am - Camo Critters
- 12-12:45pm - Fall Music Concert: Brio String Ensemble
- 12:45-1:30pm - Campfire Songs
- 1:30-2:30pm - Forest Folklore Hike
- 2-2:45pm - Fall Music Concert: Brio String Ensemble
- 3-3:30pm - Puppet Show: The Lorax
- 3:30-3:50pm - Eagle Encounter
To find more information about Land Between the Lakes, log on to the official website at www.landbetweenthelakes.us or call 1-800-LBL-7077 or 270-924-2000. Photos available on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/lblkytn/albums.