Celebrate Spring with the Woodlands Nature Station
March 23, 2022 | Press Release from Friends of LBL
Spring has sprung at Land Between the Lakes and the Woodlands Nature Station offers plenty of family friendly activities throughout the month of April to celebrate. Special programs include Spring Break activities, guided hiking and kayaking trips, Homeschool Day, and more.
“A Sensational Spring Break” is April 2-10 with themed programs, crafts, games, and hikes. April is also Homeschool Month at the Nature Station with the 8th annual Homeschool Day on April 29. Educators are encouraged to check the online calendar at landbetweenthelakes.us for homeschool programs and activities.
“With blooms of wildflowers dotting Hematite Lake, wildlife becoming more active, and the many programs and activities offered at the Nature Station, the next few weeks present the perfect opportunity to get outside and have fun!” said Interpretive Naturalist Marissa Lindstrom.
April program highlights at the Nature Station include:
• A Sensational Spring Break (programs include Bioluminescence Boogie and SLIME!), April 2-10
• Homeschool Spring Learning Series: Native Bees, April 14
• Wildflower Wander Hike, April 16
• Animal Treat Baskets and Sunday Funday: Rabbit Playtime, April 17
• Earth Day Sunset Kayak Trip, April 22
• 8th Annual Homeschool Day: Forest FUN-damentals, April 29
The Woodlands Nature Station is in Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area and open daily from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Admission is $7 for adults ages 18+; $5 for children ages 5-17; and free for children under 4. Fun animal-themed programs are available daily and included in the cost of admission