Sensational Spring Break at Woodlands Nature Station, April 3-11
April 6, 2021 | Press Release from Friends of LBL
Spring Break is all about the Bugs, Birds, and Beasts at the Woodlands Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, with special kid-friendly activities planned April 3-11.
Admission is $5 for kids ages 5-17, $7 for adults age 18 and up, and kids 4 and under are free. Nature Station is open everyday in April from 10am – 5pm.
Lead Naturalist, John Pollpeter invites everyone “to come and see our giant alligator snappers, endangered red wolves, hooting owls, our bobcat, Barkley, and many of the other 55 other critters native to Land Between the Lakes up close for some cool encounters.” There will be special themed critter days throughout the week.
• Saturday, April 3- Tree Top Critters: flying squirrels, tree frogs, owls, and more
• Sunday, April 4- Rabbits and Easter Baskets for the Critters
• Monday, April 5- Amazing Amphibians
• Tuesday, April 6- Incredible Insects
• Wednesday, April 7- Marvelous Mammals
• Thursday, April 8- Raptors, UP Close
• Friday, April 9- Predators!
• Saturday, April 10- Nature’s Most Extreme!
• Sunday, April 11- Radical Reptiles
Call (270) 924-2299 or visit www.landbetweenthelakes.us for more details and specific programs.