KDFWR to Hold Fisheries Meeting in Eddyville March 21
March 11, 2019 | Staff Report
The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources (KDFWR) Fisheries Division will be holding a local public meeting to discuss the latest information on Asian carp and sportfish in the region.
Fisheries director Ron Brooks, nuisance-species biologist Jessica Morris, and sportfish biologist Adam Martin will be presenting information about a broad range of fisheries topics.
Those topics include:
• Asian carp - carp barrier testing, harvest program updates, federal funding updates, new harvest techniques, new net markers.
• Potential regulation changes - Catfish and pay lakes, allowing carp netting on weekends year round, changes to bait harvest limits.
• Latest sportfish survey results - 2018 Lake Barkley creel survey results.
• Cormorants- Are they a problem?
• New fish habitat projects.
• What happened to the grass at Kentucky Lake?
• The effects of tournament fishing on bass populations.
The meeting will be held at the Lyon County Convention Center at 309 Lee S. Jones Park Road from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.