Doug Wynn Shares Crappie & Squash Recipe
Crappie and squash. Photo provided by Doug Wynn.
My wife Vicki and I love crappie. We often get requests for crappie fillet recipes. Our favorite is one we have given to dozens of folks who like it as well as we do.
Here's what you do:
1. Cut up yellow squash into thin slices.
2. Cut up a large white onion into thin slices.
3. Take crappie fillets and season them well with your choice of seasoning. We use Tony Chachere's Cajun and coarse black pepper.
4. In a skillet that has a lid, add a small amount of olive oil, the onion and squash.
5. Cook the squash/onion until it starts to get soft.
6. Smooth the squash out in the skillet then place the crappie fillets on top of the squash. Don't stack the fillets.
7. Put the lid on the skillet, cut the heat back to low, and cook for 20 minutes. Leave the lid on while cooking.
At the end of the 20 minutes you will have a wonderful meal - a main course!
Preparing the crappie and squash. Photo provided by Doug Wynn.