2016-17 Kentucky Hunting Season Dates
Note: The following dates are for Kentucky's Zone 1 only. Zone 1 includes all the counties surrounding Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley to the Mississippi River, as well as Crittenden, Caldwell and Christian counties.
Kentucky's Zone 1 Deer Hunting Season
Modern Gun: November 12-27, 2016 (either sex)
Archery: September 3, 2016 through January 16, 2017 (either sex)
Crossbow: (expired, was October 1, 2016 through October 16, 2016)
Muzzleloader: (expired, was October 15-16, 2016)
Youth-Only Firearms: (expired, was October 8-9, 2016)
Free Youth Weekend: December 31, 2016 - January 1, 2017
Zone 1 Restrictions
- A hunter may take an unlimited number of antlerless deer. Two (2) deer may be taken using the statewide deer permit and an unlimited number of antlerless deer may be taken using Additional Deer Permits.
- A hunter is limited to one (1) deer with visible antlers (excluding button bucks) per license year statewide.
- Hunters shall abide by the equipment restrictions in place for each season.
Kentucky's 2016-17 Statewide Turkey Hunting Season
Fall Archery: September 3, 2016
through January 16, 2017
Fall Crossbow: October 1 - October 16, 2016 and November 12 through December 31, 2016
Fall Shotgun: October 22 - October 28, 2016 and December 3 through December 9, 2016
Four (4) birds total, either sex:
- No more than two (2) of which may be taken with a shotgun.
- No more than one (1) bird may have a beard length of three (3) inches or longer.
- No more than one (1) bird may be taken per day.
< Back to Things To Do in the Kentucky Lakes Area