2015-16 Kentucky Hunting Season Dates
Note: The following dates are for Kentucky's Zone 1 only. Zone 1 includes all the counties surrounding Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley to the Mississippi River, as well as Crittenden, Caldwell and Christian counties.
Kentucky's Zone 1 Deer Hunting Season
Modern Gun: November 14-29, 2015 (either sex)
Archery: September 5, 2015 through January 18, 2016 (either sex)
Youth-Only Firearms: (expired)
Free Youth Weekend: December 26-27, 2015
Zone 1 Restrictions
- A hunter may take an unlimited number of antlerless deer. Two (2) deer may be taken using the statewide deer permit and an unlimited number of antlerless deer may be taken using Additional Deer Permits.
- A hunter is limited to one (1) deer with visible antlers (excluding button bucks) per license year statewide.
- Hunters shall abide by the equipment restrictions in place for each season.
Kentucky's 2015-16 Statewide Turkey Hunting Season
Fall Archery: September 5, 2015
through January 18, 2016
Fall Crossbow: November 14, 2015 through December 31, 2015
Fall Shotgun: December 5, 2015 through December 11, 2015
Four (4) birds total, either sex:
- No more than two (2) of which may be taken with a shotgun.
- No more than one (1) bird may have a beard length of three (3) inches or longer.
- No more than one (1) bird may be taken per day.
< Back to Things To Do in the Kentucky Lakes Area